Frequently asked Questions
What is moviESCAPE?
moviESCAPE rooms are movie theme rooms in which players (friends, families, colleagues) are locked in a themed room and have to solve problems in order to escape. You have 60 minutes to escape by solving puzzles and games.
Each of our rooms has a story (written by movie screenwriters) which allows players to feel like they are in a movie for the duration of the game.
Why is moviESCAPE different from other escape rooms?
moviESCAPE rooms have been designed and built from scratch by movie makers. Each room has a unique design that matches its story. The props in our rooms have been custom made by industry professionals that have worked on major blockbuster movies including; Harry Potter, Avengers, World War Z, Pandora and countless other blockbusters.
Will it be too hard for me?
Most players come in small groups or pairs, and we see that each person brings something to the table. We offer clues should players need them and each room has a slightly different difficulty rating. We believe that every player has a different ability which will help them and the team during the game.
Regardless of whether you escape or not, we firmly believe you will love every second you spend in the game.
Who is moviESCAPE for?
Couples, groups of friends, colleagues, birthday celebrations, stag & hen dos corporate events… in fact, anyone who wants to be challenged and have fun. The Haunted House is suitable for all ages at parental discretion. SAWtopsy and Escape the Meth Lab are recommended for ages 12 and over. Merlin’s Magic Academy and Santa’s Cabin are suitable for all ages. The Sherlock Holmes Mystery is suitable for all ages but is our most challenging room!
Is there an age restriction?
This is at your discretion. We do not recommend young children play as it can be scary. Each of our games is tailored to suit the player so if you wish to bring children then we can make the room less scary.
Is it safe?
Absolutely. Each room has a designated member of staff that watches you via video cameras. This is not only for safety, but allows us to monitor your progress and provide help when required. While you may be ‘locked in’, there is a release switch that will allow the player to leave the room at any time. We do not allow climbing and have made all the games/ puzzles and events as safe as possible.
Players must not break, smash or take apart anything, which means there is no risk.
At times certain rooms may go dark, but this is part of the game and players have torches. This is just to add atmosphere.
Is it scary?
Several of our rooms are horror themed so are designed to be a little scary. However, each game is different. The game hosts will tailor the game to suit all players, so, if you are very anxious and ask for no scares, we will oblige. We have several family games.
I heard some of the props are haunted, is this true?
We have spent 6 months building the ‘Haunted House’ room, sourcing props from all over the world. Several of our props have come from real haunted houses including ‘The Amityville House’ and the ‘Enfield House’. While we do not believe the objects themselves are haunted, they are from real haunted places.
How many players per game?
Our minimum is 2 people per room and our maximum is 8. Our games are ideal for team building and encourage people to work together. We have even had people play rooms with strangers and they have forged friendships as a result of the shared experience. With groups comprised of adults, we suggest the optimum group size is 4-6 players.
So I play with strangers?
No. You book the room for you and your friends. Unlike some escape rooms we don’t put other people into your group.
Do I need to bring tools?
An odd question you may think, but we have been asked this on a few occasions. NO! Our games include problem solving, puzzle solving and that’s it. You do not have to… move heavy objects, rip anything, take things apart or similar. Your host will brief you before your game. Please do not bring any tools or equipment with you.
I am claustrophobic, can I still play?
Yes, You are never truly locked in our rooms and they are quite large in comparison to many other local escape rooms.
Where is moviESACAPE?
Our current rooms are at Welkin Mill, Stockport. Only 3 minutes drive from the motorway and very close to Stockport centre. During office hours parking is opposite the mill (1 minute walk) but out of hours it is by the front door.
We chose Welkin Mill as our launch site because it offers an amazing atmospheric setting.
Can I change the date or time of my booking?
Yes, but we do need advance notice. Once you book the room it means other people cannot do so. Therefore if you provide a minimum of 48 hours we can arrange an alternative date/ time for you, subject to availability.
Can we drink alcohol during the game?
No, we are not licensed and besides, it would spoil your enjoyment of the game. We do reserve the right to refuse access to anyone we feel is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
So remind me why I should play a moviESCAPE room again?
Because they provide a unique, exciting, involving, challenging, fun and memorable way to spend an hour of your time and once you do, we are confident you will want to come back and play them all!
Will my game start on time?
We will aim to start your game at the advertised time, however, at busy periods a game may start slightly late due to unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to keep delays to a minimum.
Do you take our photographs? If so what happens to them
At the end of a game we will offer to take a team photograph. These are posted to our Facebook page. This usually occurs within 7 days of your visit. We regret that we cannot accept any liability for delayed or missing photographs.
Can I cancel my booking?
We have a strict cancellation policy meaning we need a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel or change a booking. If this is not provided we are unfortunately unable to make changes. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Terms and conditions
By playing moviESCAPE games you agree to our player rules and terms and conditions.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER, AND MEDIA RELEASE AUTHORIZATION
In exchange for participation in the interactive entertainment activities, hereafter referred to as ACTIVITY, organized by MOVIESCAPE LTD and use of its property, facilities, and services, I, for myself, my family members, my executors, my heirs, my successors and assigns, and any minor children participating in ACTIVITY with me, agree to the following:
1. I recognize that certain risks are associated with ACTIVITY. These risks include, but are not limited to bodily injuries and/or mental stress or anxiety resulting from physical exertion; climbing or crawling; moving or lifting objects of no more than 20kg; confinement in a small space; deadline-driven objectives; and potential failure of complete all tasks and escape the room within the 60-minute game time.
2. I assume full responsibility for any personal injury I may sustain in connection with participation in ACTIVITY. I waive, release, and discharge MOVIESCAPE LTD, including its owners, employees, representatives, and agents, from all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, or property theft.
3. I indemnify, hold harmless, and promise not to sue MOVIESCAPE LTD, including its owners, employees, representatives, and agents, from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in ACTIVITY, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
4. I acknowledge that MOVIESCAPE LTD, including its owners, employees, representatives, and agents, are not responsible for errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting ACTIVITY on their behalf.
5. I will observe and obey all posted rules and warnings and follow all instructions delivered by MOVIESCAPE LTD employees, representatives or agents, either orally or in writing.
6. I certify that I have no physical or mental illness that precludes me from participating in ACTIVITY in a safe manner for myself or others.
7. I certify that I am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol which impair my ability to maintain my safety awareness or endangers others.
8. I agree that MOVIESCAPE LTD employees, representatives, or agents may, at their sole discretion, determine it unsafe for myself or others to participate in ACTIVITY and remove me from the premises by their authorization or any lawful means.
9. I assume responsibility for paying for any damages to the facilities caused by my negligent or willfully reckless conduct.
10. I understand that while participating in ACTIVITY, I will be monitored via video feed, and that motion or still photographs of me may be captured. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose MOVIESCAPE LTD employees, representatives, or agent determines to be conducive to marketing this business.
11. I acknowledge that this ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER, AND MEDIA RELEASE AUTHORIZATION will govern my actions and responsibilities while engaged in ACTIVITY on MOVIESCAPE LTD business property.
This ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER, AND MEDIA RELEASE AUTHORIZATION shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
The validity, interpretation, construction, and performance of this ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER, AND MEDIA RELEASE AUTHORIZATION shall be governed by the laws of YOUR STATE OR LEGAL JURISDICTION.
In the event that any provision or part of this ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER, AND MEDIA RELEASE AUTHORIZATION is found to be invalid or unenforceable, only that particular provision or part so found, and not the entire contract, will be inoperative.
BY PLAYING OUR GAMES YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT.
moviESCAPE LTD is a company registered in England and Wales, registration number 10730980.
Registered office: Moviescape, Welkin Mill, Welkin Road, Stockport, SK6 2BH
moviESCAPE is no longer affiliated with the Ashton escape room formerly known as moviESCAPE Ashton
moviESCAPE Stockport is located on the ground floor of Welkin Mill.
Turn off the B6104 onto Welkin Road and continue until you can see Welkin Mill.
Parking is available in the mill car park outside of office hours, otherwise please park on Welkin Road.
Enter the mill by the main entrance (by the picnic benches) and turn right for moviESCAPE.
moviESCAPE Ltd, Ground floor, Welkin Mill, Welkin Road, Stockport, SK6 2BH