moviESCAPE LTD is committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us. This policy describes the types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on this website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will state the date of the change and provide a description of the changes that have been made.
2. The information that we collect
We collect various types of information through our normal business operations. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for. The types of information that we collect are detailed below.
Information that you provide to us directly
- Information provided over the internet. There are various ways in which you provide information to us, for example:
- Subscribing to a newsletter
- Entering a competition
- Submitting a contact form
- Engaging with us on social media
- Processing a transaction on our website
- Communicating with us by email or other electronic messaging
- Information provided when you communicate with us via telephone. All of our telephone calls (incoming and outgoing) may be recorded for the purposes of quality monitoring, staff training and to confirm details of our conversation.
- Information provided to our staff in person
- Information provided by you and other participants in your group within a venue check in form.
- Information provided by you as part of a job application or during the recruitment process.
The information that you provide to us may consist of:
- Your name, email address, phone number and postal address.
- The names, email addresses, phone numbers or postal addresses of other participants (including any minors) within your group or gift recipients.
- Your date of birth, gender, financial information (such as bank account details or payment card details).
- Information relating to a booking or booking enquiry may consist of the date, time, venue and more specific details of your requirements.
Information about your use of our website
- Technical information such as:
- Your IP address
- Your browser details
- Your time zone setting
- Your device type and operating system
- How you navigated to our website, pages you viewed and when you left
- Page interaction
Images, Video and Audio
- CCTV footage, still images and audio recordings may be captured by our security and monitoring systems within the escape room experience rooms and within communal areas of our premises. CCTV (including audio) is monitored in real time and is recorded on a secure hard drive which may only be accessed by an authorised member of staff. All CCTV recordings are automatically overwritten within a period not usually exceeding one calendar month from the date of recording. Footage or still images may be exported by an authorised member of staff for purposes such as investigating a technical issue, accident/incident, security issue, for staff training purposes or for marketing purposes where consent has been provided. On some occasions, the live and/or recorded footage (including audio) or still images of the escape room experience may be provided to the Lead Participant for that group (or their representative) upon receipt of payment of an agreed fee. Before any such transaction is processed, the Lead Participant must confirm that they have the informed consent of all persons identifiable in the footage.
- Images you share with us, such as images submitted to us by email or other electronic messaging or posted on one of our social media accounts or pages, or shared with one of our hashtags.
- Images taken by our staff, such as a post-experience team photograph. By permitting our staff to take your photograph, you, and all persons photographed provide consent for the image to be posted on social media and used for marketing purposes both online and offline.
Information provided to us by third parties
- We may receive information about you from other companies that we work with, in line with their privacy policies. If we employ another company or sub-contractor to carry out work on our behalf, they may collect information about you which is then passed onto us.
- If you are a participant in an experience that has been booked by someone else such as a friend or employer then they may provide us with information about you.
- If you have been given a Gift Voucher by someone else then they may have provided us with your name, contact details and other information in order for us to deliver the gift.
- If you have provided your information to another company or organisation such as a comparison or deal website, an online marketplace or another organisation that has a business relationship with us, they may provide us with your information in order for us to provide you with more information or deliver a product or service.
- We may use third party information for direct marketing purposes where we are permitted to do so by law and if you are a business customer.
3. How we use this information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with information, products and services that you, or another party, has requested that we deliver to you.
- Send service emails relating to a booking or purchase
- Provide you with marketing information where you have allowed us to do so
- Comply with a legal obligation, such as if we are required to provide information to a Government body.
- Carry out day-to-day operations of our business
- Carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
We use information about your use of our website to:
- Administer our website and other systems
- Review website performance and plan improvements
- Complete statistical, research and analytical projects
- Keep our site safe and secure
- Deliver relevant marketing
- Measure marketing performance and effectiveness
During the day to day running of our business we may use your personal information without asking for your consent if:
- We are in the process of carrying out our obligations under a contract with you
- We need to use your personal information for our own legitimate purposes and our doing so will not infringe on your rights.
If we wish to use your personal information for a different purpose for which you have not previously provided consent we will contact you, explaining the purposes for which we would like to use your information. You are not obliged to provide your consent and if you do decide to do so, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at a later date.
You have the right to:
- Prevent us from using your personal information for marketing purposes
- Ask us to correct or remove inaccurate personal information
- Restrict our use of your personal information
- Ask us to delete your personal information
- Ask us to provide you with a copy of any personal information that we hold
- Object to your information being used for automated decision making or profiling purposes
- Object to our use of your personal date in a way that is likely to cause you damage or distress
We do not make use of any automated decision making or profiling.
We may add your details to our marketing database if:
- You indicate that you wish to receive marketing communications from us.
- A third party tells us that you wish to receive information about our products or services.
- You are a business customer or we have identified you as a prospective business customer and doing so would not interfere with your privacy rights.
We may use your personal information to target our online advertising. We do this for Legitimate Business Purposes and we have assessed that this does not interfere with your privacy rights. You may update your advertising settings directly with platforms such as Facebook, Apple, Google and LinkedIn.
In some cases, we may use your personal information to target some of our advertising on social media platforms. We do so for our own Legitimate Interests and have carried out a thorough assessment to ensure that this activity does not pose a risk to your privacy.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited 'junk' email or communications or share your information with anyone else other than companies we own. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with other companies owned by our group that we feel would be of interest to you.
4. How we keep your information safe
We take every care to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and we have implemented a range of measures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure or destruction of the information we hold about you.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information sent to our website; you send us personal information at your own risk.
Please contact us immediately if you believe that your personal information under our control has been compromised.
5. How we share this information
We will never sell your information to third parties.
We may share your information with the following during the normal running of our business:
- Other companies owned by our group
- Business partners, suppliers or contractors that we work with to provide products and services to you, for example:
- Payment processing companies who provide services for us.
- Software and IT companies who provide services for us.
- Subcontractors working on our behalf to deliver products or services.
In certain circumstances, we may also share your information with other parties, such as:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To enforce our terms & conditions or any other contract you have with us.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of any other party (including fraud prevention and credit risk purposes).
- During the course of buying or selling any business assets.
We are located in the United Kingdom. We, or other companies in our group, may send your information to other countries in the following circumstances:
- When we, our business partners, suppliers or contractors use IT systems or software that is provided by non-UK companies.
- When there is a legal obligation to share your information with an authority outside of the UK.
- When we work with a non-UK organisation to protect the rights, property or safety of any other party (including fraud prevention and credit risk purposes).
6. How long we keep your information for
We will not hold your personal information to an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We will usually keep:
- Information relating to transactions and Experiences - for a minimum of 7 years.
- Information that you have consented for us to store on our marketing informationbase – indefinitely.
We may need to keep your information for longer in order to comply with a legal obligation. We may also anonymise your information and continue to store it for analytical purposes. This may be stored indefinitely but we will ensure that such information cannot be connected to any individual.
If you would like to enquire about the period for which a specific type of information is stored please contact us.
7. How you can manage the information which we store?
You are not legally obliged to provide us with any of your personal information but if you decline to do so then we are likely to be unable to enter a transactional relationship with you.
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing emails sent by us please click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing email you have received. If you cannot see an unsubscribe link then this is likely to be a service email relating to a transaction that you have with us.
If you wish to make a subject access request, would like to request that we remove your personal information from our systems, or have any other queries relating to your information, please write to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. To make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have used your personal information, please contact us to discuss this using the contact details set out above.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. We would encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns to allow us an opportunity to address these before you complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.